Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Prince of Persia:The Sands of Time


Most video games adaption never work and it seems that the video game it is based on is better than the movie itself. All of the video game adaption movie seems to be extremely bad and it is the truth for most critics and most of the film buffs too. Like ever single game adaption I bet that a actor or actress regretted being in the film itself.  This is the review of the video game adaption movie called Prince of Persia: The Sand of Time


The plot is about an boy who name is Dastan (Jake Gyllenhaal) who got adopted from the king named Sharaman (Ronald Pickup). Fifteen years later Dastan has to help the beautiful princess named Tamina (Gemma Arteron) put the dagger in the right place or else the world will be destroyed if the wrong people use the dagger. We learned that Nizam (Ben Kingsley) wants to kill every one in his family including Sharaman so he can get the dagger.

I personally felt that Ben Kingsley role was wasted at this movie. I known Ben Kinsley can choose better roles because he won a Academy Award for a great film called Gandhi. The acting was pretty horrible from the main actors. Even, Jake Gyllenhaal and Gemma Arteron barley showed any emotion that a important main characters should so we can care about the main characters. The supporting characters were so dull that you wanted to fall sleep in your couch while watching the movie.

The screenplay was horrible. The screenplay was so bad that you  didn't even laugh at all for the whole entire film. There a lot of negative things I can say about the movie, but I don't want all them because the audience has heard all the insults of the screenplay.

Mike Newel directing felt extremely too fast for my liking. Usually when he directs there more emotion into the character and the scenes itself.  I hope personal hope that he gets back where he knows he good at directing at.

The film was a all round bad movie and the wasted the movie just so the movie production company can have money. It was pitfall and I don't recommend it to anyone who a action fan.


What I got: 30 percent -  I could barley survive the movie, but it was better than I expected on a terrible movie.

3 comments:

  1. Agreed!! Totally and utterly! As poor a movie as it is possible to see. An unbelievable amount of money spent to produce trash. Unfortunately it is an all to familiar trend with mainstream Hollywood which is constantly making big budget rubbish.
    I'm like you as I barely survived watching this myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything you said. I enjoyed reading your comment about this film.

    ReplyDelete