Sunday, November 13, 2011

End of the Week: November 7, 2011- November 13, 2011

I have seen a lot of movies and I had been very busy since I have done my last post. Here are the movies I saw for the last time that I posted.


Forbidden Planet
This movie is one the most iconic science fiction movie that I've ever seen. Leslie Nelson can actually act in a dramatic movie, which is pretty shocking to me. Robby the Robot was one the first robots to have different personalities in a movie and it has inspired many movies as well. Without Forbidden Planet science fiction wouldn't be as exciting for most  movie fans.
Rating: 10 out of 10 stars

Around the World in 80 Days
If I had to recommend which version you should see it's has to be this one.  The acting was fantastic. David Niven and Shelly MacLaine were some the best part of the movie. The only compliant I had with this movie is why did it won Best Picture for that year. If I were the Academy Award people for that year I would have chosen The King and I and Giant for the Best Picture since I have seen both of those movies. Also, the remake was really pointless. Go see this movie if you want to see a very old family friendly movie for your kids.
Rating: 8 out of 10 stars

The Crucible
The Crucible is one the most underrated movie I've have seen in the Salem Witch Trials. The acting was excellent in  this movie. Wyonna Rider, Daniel Day- Lewis, and Joan Allen's performance were believe and I felt that I lived throughout this timeline. I am so thankful that I didn't live in this time period. I would watch this movie if you wanted to learn more about the horrible history of the Salem Witch Trials
Rating: 8 out of 10 stars



Star Wars: Return of the Jedi
This is the last movie of the great original trilogy that Star Wars has created for us. I wish that George Lucas could have stop the Star Wars franchise at this movie. The most annoying people in this movie were the Ewoks. At least, those furry creatures didn't last for long in the movie. Go see this movie if you want a friendly action movie for the whole family.






No comments:

Post a Comment