Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Against the Crowd Blogathan

This image belongs to Wendell and I will give him credit by writing down where I got this photo from. http://dellonmovies.blogspot.com/2014/06/against-crowd-blogathon.html

I found this lovely Blogathan idea from Wendell at Dell from Movies and I thought it would be fun to participate on this idea, but there are rules if you wan to participate like me that I have to follow.

1.1. Pick one movie that "everyone" loves (the more iconic, the better). That movie must have a score of at least 80% on rottentomatoes.com. Tell us why you hate it. 

2. 2. Pick one movie that "everyone" hates (the more notorious, the better). That movie must have a score of less than 30% on rottentomatoes.com. Tell us why you love it.

3. Include the tomato meter scores of both movies.

Since, I have given you the rules of this Blogathan, I give you my thoughts on films that I have chosen on both spectrums of the rules.

The Film "Everyone" Loves, but I hate it movie for me: The Thirty- Nine Steps (1935) edition and the rating for the film on Rotten Tomatoes is 98%.

One of my favorite directors of all time is Alfred Hitchcock and I even did a post about the films that I have seen of at the time of August 2013, which you can click here on if you want to see the list, but if I had do that segment of the Favorite Directors blogathan again on him, I would probably put The Thirty- Nine Steps on the bottom of the list and I have my reasons why. First, the story reels so rushed and I had a very hard time enjoying the story. Second, the character development is not very good and I could barley connect to the characters in the story, which stinks because I want to connect with the characters in this story, but I couldn't do at all.  Even thought I do dislike this movie a lot I do see why people love this film and considerers this one of the best early Hitchcock films because of how thrilling it can be at times and the fact that it shows a lot of Hitchcock's famous signature film traits that become better as he matures as filmmaker during the long life career that he had with Hollywood back in the 1940's through 1970's.
 


The Film "Everyone" Hates, but I love it movie for me: Scooby Doo 2: Monster Unleashed and the rating for this film on Rotten Tomatoes is 21%.


I know this movie is really bad, but I can't help loving it since this film was part of my childhood memories. The action and acting was really corny and campy, but I embrace it since it entertained me a lot during the age of seven or eight years old.  The mysteries of what the monster is easy to figure out, but I had a blast watching how stupid and cliché the main mystery monster is when it comes to Scooby Doo. The plot is so bad, but it doesn't take itself too seriously since the film knows how bad it is, which I enjoyed a lot back then . I personally can't wait to re-watch this movie again to see if I still enjoy it, even thought the film is awful.

9 comments:

  1. Fun post! I love this idea. I might need to do this post on my blog. And I haven't seen either of those movies, but I am a fan of Scooby Doo. :)
    x
    Bobbi

    www.productdoll.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do this idea before the due date is over, which is July 13. Also, I hope that you enjoy the two Scobby Doo movies, even thought I haven't seen them in a long time.

      Delete
  2. Great choices. I haven't seen The Thirty-Nine Steps, woefully behind on my Hitchcock, but I do know that the movie gets a lot of love. I have seen Scooby Doo 2 way too many times because my kids loved it. I don't hate it, but I don't like it, either. I did like the first one, though. That's the one that gave me the nostalgic feel.

    Oh, one "minor" thing I absolutely must correct, I'm a "him" (caption, top of page).

    Thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry about that mistake Wendell and I will correct it immediately.

      Delete
    2. If you're up to it, I'm doing a sequel to this blogathon. I would love for you to participate again.

      http://dellonmovies.blogspot.com/2015/08/announcement-against-crowd-blogathon.html

      Delete
    3. I would be happy to participate in this blogathan again and thank you for creating a sequel to this.

      Delete
  3. I have never seen The 39 Steps, but have always been curious since it's considered such a classic. Maybe I should proceed with caution...

    But I, unsurprisingly, have seen the second Scooby Doo movie, and I'm with you...it's pretty funny. I actually like the first one, as well...which I think makes me some kind of freak.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe that you should watch The 39 Steps so you can form your opinion of this film and there could be a chance you will love this movie if you see this movie. Also, it is really nice to have someone else on the Scobby Doo movie gang and thank you for the nice compliment on my post.

      Delete