Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Movies I've seen in June 2014

This month was a pretty good month for when it comes to movies in general and I will give you my thoughts about the movies I saw this June with links of my  reviews for you guys to read if I have written a review on the particular movie. Also, I hope you enjoy this segment as much as I enjoy writing it.
 

Barry Lyndon is one of the most unusual period drama films that I have seen, but I enjoy how different it was to other movies that are similar to this. Also, I do appreciate the fact that the characters are unlikeable, but they are not portrayed in a serious manner. If you want to read my full review on this film, the link will be at the next paragraph.

http://letterboxd.com/jwdm/film/barry-lyndon/
 
Grave of the Fireflies is one of the most beautiful, but haunting war films of all time when it comes to joy of life and the horrors that war does to the citizens in this film. If you haven't seen this film, I would recommend you to see it and the link to my full review on this film will be at the bottom of this paragraph.


Titanic is one of the most romantic films that I have seen in awhile that remind of certain romantic classics when it comes to the magical feelings of laughing, crying, and wishing for the best for the romantic couple in the movie, which are Rose (Kate Winslet)  and Jack(Leonardo DiCaprio)  in this film. If you want to read my full review on Titanic, the link of the review will be on the next paragraph.

http://letterboxd.com/jwdm/film/titanic-1997/

Enter the Dragon is one of the best martial action flick that I have ever seen and Bruce Lee really deserves the legacy that he got in this film. If you want a full review of this film the link will be at the next paragraph.
http://letterboxd.com/jwdm/film/enter-the-dragon/
 


Malificent has a interesting storyline to it that makes it more original when it comes to the classic tales of villains in Disney, but there was not enought things to make me want to watch this movie except for Angelina Jiolie. This film is decent, but it is not something I would recommend unless you are a huge Disney fan. 
 

Sansho the Baliff shows humanity as its worst, while providing some wonderful foreshadowing of events that will happen for the main characters in this film. Also, this movie has made a huge impression on how wonderful Kenji Mizoguchi is as director and I can't wait to see more of his filmography as a director. If you want a full review of this movie, the link I will give to you will be at the bottom of this paragraph.
http://letterboxd.com/jwdm/film/sansho-the-bailiff/






2 comments:

  1. Glad you checked out Enter the Dragon. It truly is one of my all time favorites.

    http://dellonmovies.blogspot.com/2014/01/movies-i-grew-up-with-enter-dragon.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely comment Wendell and I will check out your blog post on Enter the Dragon.

    ReplyDelete