Friday, July 4, 2014

My Favorite Directors Blogathan: Peter Jackson July 2014

Peter Jackson is one of my favorite directors of all when it comes to fantasy. I love the way he creates a story, while he still giving me the detail and wold building that I appreciate when I was see fantasy films. That is why he is in the favorite directors Blogathan. Also, if you want to see what other directors I have put in the list so far I have a link for you to check out and I hope that everyone is having a great forth of July so far.
http://moviereviewsfromjames.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-favorite-directors-blogathan.html

1. Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is a great introductory film to the world of the Lords of Rings created by J.R.R. Tolkien. The reason why I say that is because you are shown the world building, but you explore the worlds more by going on the quest to destroy a ring instead of getting a bunch of boring songs like first Hobbit provides. Another thing that I love about this film is that the movie is fast paced, even thought it is a three hour and forty-eight minute film. That is why this film is ranked number one on my list of films that I have seen of Peter Jackson's filmography. 

2. Lords of the Rings: The Two Towers
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers is a lot darker than the previous movie, which is a good thing because if Peter Jackson changed the main aspect of the second book summary, things would of gone downhill that fast. Some of the things that I love about the movie is that the plot gets more darker as the film progresses and I love the fact that we get to meet Gollum in this film, which makes he friendship of Sam and Frodo more complex than it could of been if Gollum didn't exist. That is my reasons why I think this film deserves number two in my list of favorite Peter Jackson movies that I have seen so far.

3. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
This movie was ten times better than An Unexpected Journey for many reasons. First, you are used to the world building of this film and it embraces the complexity of the world building instead of introducing it to us. Second, the action was a little bit more thrilling and they didn't rely on the Orcs that  much. Third, we got to have a personal connection with the motives of the character. That is why this film is number three on my list.'

4. The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
The movie is good, but there were some reasons why this movie was on the bottom of the list. The singing in this movie made everything more longer than it was and some of the scences in the film were very unnecessary. Also, some of the scences in the film feels like they repeated all the time like Frodo and his gang fighting the Orcs multiple times.

5. King Kong
Remaking King Kong is hard achievement since the 1933 version of King Kong is a legendary film when it comes to monster movies, but this version of King Kong didn't match the magic the original had at all, even thought it is a great film in general. That is my reason why King Kong is number five in this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment