Wednesday, August 6, 2014

My Favorite Directors Blogathan: Sergio Leone- August 2014

The reason why I put Sergio Leone in this list is because some of the best movie experiences I had came from him and I wouldn't be that aware of what a spaghetti western is if I didn't see any on his films. That is why here is one this list and if you want to see the previous directors that I have done for this blogathan, please click here.

Image result for once upon a time in the west
1. Once Upon a Time in the West has made a huge impact with me for many reasons and I will explain the reason why this film is number one in my list. First, this was my main introduction to his films and spaghetti westerns in general. Second, the cast that the had in this movie was amazing and all of the characters in the movie were fun to watch. Third, the way that Sergio Leone made the action sequences amazed me because I have never seen anything like it before I discovered him as a director. Finally, this film made me want to discovered more Sergio Leone films since I was very impressed with it.

2. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly is my favorite movie in the Dollars Trilogy for many reasons and number two in this countdown of my favorite films of his. First, the film does not seem that long at all since it was very entertaining and you wouldn't expect that you watch a film that was over two hour film. Second, the story is very memorable and you feel like your part of the movie when it comes to the journey of the good, the bad, or the ugly when it comes to the treasure that they are seeking thought out the whole film. Third, the action sequences are out of this world and they felt authentic to the movie as well, Finally, the re-watch value in the movie is really high in my book and I would love to re-watch this film someday.

3. For a Few Dollars More is a very good sequel to A Fistful of Dollars and I have my reasons on why this film is number three on my list. First, you get an awesome introduction to Lee Van Cleef and he makes the film a lot more entertaining to me. Second, Sergio Leone directing is a lot better than the first one. Third, the film is a lot more complex when it comes to the plot. Finally, the characters are more fleshed out and I love the fact that we got to learn the villain in this movie a little bit better before he died.

4. A Fistful of Dollars is the film that made a huge impact when it comes to film and I have many reasons why this film is number four on my list. First, this film introduced the world to Sergio Leone. Second, this film introduces us to the iconic score of Ennio Morricone, which is one of my favorite scores of all time. Third, we got introduce to the iconic character that Clint Eastwood plays for the whole trilogy. Finally, the movie has changed my life as well when it comes to seeing this trilogy.

5. Duck, you Sucker is one of the most least known Segio Leone movie since barley anyone talks about it that much, which is quite sad and I have some reasons why this film is number five in the list. First, the narration of the film getter better as you watch the film. Second, this is easily his most playful film, but it still has his signatures styles when it comes to his film. Third, this is one of the best spaghetti western stand alone that I have seen. Finally, this film has all of things that people love about his work and I like that fact about the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment