Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Thursday Movie Pick Meme: Time Travels Movies

I am very excited about the subject that Wanderer has provided this week, so I decided it would be great to do this again after having so much fun with the Movies with Ensemble Cast that I did on July. Also, I do like time travels movies as well and I got some time travel movies that I think are wonderful to watch with the whole family.

Meet the Robinsons is one of my favorite time travels movies that Disney offered for many reasons. First, I love the futuristic world that is provided in this movie. Second, I love the T-rex in this movie and I find it very amusing. Third, I love the motto that this film provides at the end of the story, but I won't give that motto away at all. Finally, I love the cast of characters that provide in this movie.

Back to the Future is one of the most known time travel movies of all time and there are many reasons why I love this movie a lot. First, you got the cool backstory of Marty trying to get his dad to dance with her at the prom before his future is bad. Second, the characters are very iconic in this movie and I wouldn't be surprised if you have heard of their names before you saw the movie. Third, you got the awesome moment in the film the song the Power of Love by Huey Lewis and the News comes on. Finally, you get to see Michael J. Fox on one of his most successful roles as Marty McFly.

Time Bandits is an underrated time travel movies that I think needs to be talk more often and I have my reasons on it. First, it is on the Criterion Collection, which means that the film has made a major impact in someway to film lovers out there like me. Second, this a great start for kids to get introduced to Terry Gilliam as film director without showing them his adult work. Third, the time traveling is so unique since dwarves aren't normally in time travels films at all. Finally, the world building in this film is much more creative than your average family fantasy film in my generation.

4 comments:

  1. I love both Back to the Future and Time Bandits. Great picks, there. Haven't seen Meet the Robinsons, but I have heard good things about it. Nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Wendell and you should see Meet the Robinsons sometime if you have any younger family relatives that are allowed to watch family friendly movies like this film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Back to the Future is certainly one of the most iconic time travel movies, it's been a long time since I've seen it. And glad to have you join us this week. Please provide a link back to my blog if you are participating in the meme...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Wandereer and I have linked this blog post on the review as James M. I hope this helps you out.

      Delete