Monday, August 10, 2015

The Film Emotion Blogathon

inside-out

Since the deadline is approaching very soon on The Film Emotion Blog-than, I thought it would be a great idea to participate in this before it is too late. Personally, I can't wait to see what people will think about my thoughts on the movies that make feel fear, anger, joy, and disgust.  Before, I begin my list I will give you guys the rules.

1.) Pick five films to represent the five emotions in Inside Out. The criteria for choosing these films is listed below. I would be willing to allow a tie, if you couldn’t decide between two films to best represent one of the emotions.
2.) Write out five paragraphs, (one for each film) talking about the movies and why you chose them.
3.) Post them on your blog (or Tumblr or whatever).
4.) Send me the link by posting it here in the comments
 
If you additional details on what these things require, I will give to you right now on the next paragraph.
 
JOY: First of all, you want to pick a movie that makes you happy. The kind of movie that you put on whenever you’re in a bad mood that never fails to lighten your spirits. It can be a family film, a romance, a comedy – as long as there’s a smile on your face by the end credits, it should be fair game. 
SADNESS: Now for the movie that made you cry the most. From Bambi to Titanic, there are plenty of tear-jerker movies out there. These are movies where you gravitate towards the main characters and really don’t want to see anything bad happen to them. Maybe a character dies, maybe the guy doesn’t get the girl, but your eyes should be pretty watery by the film’s end. 
FEAR: This is the movie that gave you the most nightmares. Pretty self explanatory. There are plenty of classic horror movies to choose from, but it doesn’t have to be an out-and-out horror film. If the movie’s about a more subtle kind of fear, or if the movie just has a creepy atmosphere, that should work. Whether blunt or subtle, this is the movie that scares the **** out of you 
ANGER: This is a movie that you flat out hated. Not a movie that was dull or boring, but a movie that just fills you up with rage just thinking about it. Maybe it’s a movie made by a certain director that had so much potential, maybe it’s an adaptation or a sequel that just didn’t do the original justice. It could also be a movie where your anger isn’t directed at the movie, but at the characters. Ever wanted to scream at movie characters for making such incredibly stupid decisions? 
DISGUST: This last one is a bit tricky, I’ll let you interpret it the way you want. It could be a horror film with a lot of really awful imagery that you don’t want to look at, it could be a comedy with a bunch of gross-out humor that you can barely listen to. It could even be a movie that you like, but your disgust comes towards the basic premise in a grander sense, like being disgusted by what you see in 12 Years A Slave or Schindler’s List. Either way, this film should make you cringe.
 
Now, here are my personal choices that fits the criteria.
 
 

Joy:  Ghostbusters

Image result for ghostbusters images
 
 
 
 





This movie provides me a lot of nostalgia since I saw it when I was about eight years old.  The humor and the wacky scenarios that happen in this movie make me happy in many ways because it still doesn't get old for me seeing the same scenes over and over again and that's say a lot since I don't re-watch movies that often.

Sadness: Dead Poets Society

Image result for dead poets society

Every single time, I watch this movie, it breaks my heart to tiny pieces, while I feel like crying a lot even if I seen it twice already. For me, the main reason why this make want to cry a lot is because I could relate to the inner demons that some of the particular students in this movie a lot and that's what this movie make me emotionally sad.

Fear: Scream

Image result for scream 1996 film

Usually when I watch a horror film, I don't get scared that easily, but Scream really takes the cake because I really don't want to watch the whole movie from what I seen so far.  For me, the stalker voices literally freaks me out and that mask just scares the living daylights out of me. Anyways, I want give kudos to Scream for scaring me because this does not happen often when I watch a horror movie.

Anger: Indiana Jones and The Temple of Doom

Image result for indiana jones and the temple of doom willie

Personally, I love this movie a lot, but whenever I think about this movie, I think how much Willie (Kate Capshaw) made me angry in particular. The reason why she makes me so angry in particular is it drives me bonkers to me to hearing her screaming all the time and depending on Indy to save her. To me, she didn't depend on herself at all and that angry because I believe that anyone can able to a strong and independent person, while still caring about the people they love.


Disgust: Grown Ups 2

Image result for grown ups 2










I personally admit that I didn't see the whole movie, but from what I saw I was very disgusted it at for certain.  To me, I was cringing a lot from this  because I find it cringe-worthy to me when I hear about females in a sexualized way. To me, there a lot more to a woman than how huge her breast are, how big their ass is, or how attractive there are. To me, I  can't possibly fathom how much movie would made even more offended if I watch the whole entire thing and I'm thankful for the fact I have more class than this movie will have.





4 comments:

  1. Nice choices! Thanks for participating in my blogathon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a very fun time doing this blogathan and I'm glad that you liked my choices for this blogathan as well.

      Delete
  2. Very nice picks. Can't go wrong with Ghostbusters. I hope you finish Scream, it really is a brilliant deconstruction of the slasher flick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I defiantly agree that no one can go wrong with Ghostbusters, but I do hope I finish Scream someday even thought the movie scares to me to death. Also, thank for the nice comment about the picks I made for this blogathan.

      Delete